Sunday, February 9, 2014

Next steps and update

I had a hospital visit last Friday with the histopathology of my surgery, it showed my cancer is quite advanced, I had a 6 cm tumour and 4 of the 28 lymph nodes contained cancer, so mop up chemo is the next step. I will be starting another three rounds of chemo in a week or two and I am busy everyday at improving my eating, a challenge in itself due to the small amounts I can take and the unpleasant and painful side effects of over eating or being dehydrated. Yesterday afternoon I tried some croissant, only to suffer for the next three hours, pains, sweats, weakness, symptoms of something called "dumping syndrome" apparently these symptoms reduce in the first 6 months to a year after Gastrectomy.

 

 I have not been sleeping too well either, I have had pains in my legs, that woke me up after one or two hours sleep, perhaps dehydration the dietician said, perhaps psychological as a result of the surgery the doctor said, I wondered if it was the result of having the epidural for eight days. All my bloods came back within the normal parameters so not electrolyte issues.  I started taking multi vits two days ago and last night was a good night, no leg pains for six hours and only waking for a few minutes, not the hours of before, so hopefully it was a lack of some trace element. I feel that I have had a move along to a slightly better feeling, so it can only be upwards and onwards from here. 
Big hugs, 
Love Margie ❤️

6 comments:

Mary p said...

HI MAG thinking of you and what i take for granted

Edel said...

Upwards and onwards sound good, one step at a time friend..... x del

Damo said...

Hi Margaret, we read your blog and spend some time thinking and chatting about you. You help us to remember to cherish the little things and the not so little things. We send you our very best wishes. Thank you for sharing this part of your life's journey with us.

Julie M said...

Thanks for the updates, Margie - you are in my thoughts frequently. I hope your sleeping and eating continue to steadily improve, everything seems better after a good night's sleep, doesn't it. I love the pics of your cozy home, that chest of drawers is intriguing - I've never seen one like it.

Julie xx

Unknown said...

it's wednesday and i am thinking of you and Marc...love and hugs. alex

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Take care dear Margie...I'm often thinking of you and it's always so lovely to see you pop up on my Facebook page and I think then that it's a good day for you...x
Love your pic today...
Sending love and hugs,
Susan x