Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Knitting, crochet and treatment

Today is day 15 of the first cycle of chemotherapy. I had bloods done and the pump changed. My platlets are a little low at .9 but not low enough (above 1 is considered to be the cut off) to stop this cycle. Lein has come back from UK and is again working on my diet, she has discovered that flax seed oil and sesame seed oil, along with coconut water will all help to boost the platlets again. 
I finished the hot water bottle cover I started on my first day of my treatment.


About three years ago I bought some Debbie Bliss Aran Chunky wool at the knitting and stitching show and I started knitting a cardi for myself.
I also finished the hat I was knitting for when my hair falls out. I used a fairisle pattern from Debbie Bliss Celtic Knits book. 
Thank you for the love and support, 
Big hugs, 
Margie ❤️

5 comments:

Thedarkerside73 said...

Hi Margie,

I must of missed your last post and wanted to say congratulations on the birth of your second granddaughter. How lovely.

Hope you are coping well with everything. I think its always a blessing when you have a craft to occupy you. Hope you get your bloods up too.

Take care.

P x

Deborah said...

Great projects! I am anxious to see the cardigan. I am happy you are able to keep knitting and hope your platelet count improves. ((hugs))
Deborah x

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Dear Margie,
Day 15 means that you have those days behind you and every new day will be another step forward.
Keep strong...it's lovely to see that you've been busy with your gorgeous knitting too...I do love the colours in your hat..it's so pretty,
Take care,
Susan x

Annie Cholewa said...

Oh my goodness Margie! I'm just catching up with your horrible news. But girl ... you're so positive ... you absolutely rock! Wishing you well with all my heart, and rooting for you every step of the way. Annie x

Cait O'Connor said...

Wow, I love these pictures. You are so talented. Good luck with the chemo, I have had it myself - wish I had been clever enought to knit such a gorgeous hat :-)