Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Long Doll

When I first discovered the Tilde range by the Norwegian designer Tone Finnager, I could not find any Irish stockists. So I made the best of the fabrics I could find and used some Cath Kidston.

Last week I had the pleasure of meeting Rose, in her shop, The Cottonwood Tree in Kilcullen County Kildare, just a few miles from where I live. You can not imagine how excited I was when I stepped inside the compact, inviting and exciting shop, to see all the Tilda range of fabrics, books, papers etc...

The shop is a little gem, with wool, fabric, accessories, ribbons, books, handmade aprons, and lots more including very pretty notice boards handmade by Rose.

Rose is an excellent hostess and made every customer feel special.

I was like a little child in a sweet shop. I purchased some of the Tilda fabric, a Tilda book and some Debbie Bliss wool. All very good value and well worth a visit.

To further add joy to my day Rose asked me to do some doll workshops at her shop in the New Year. There are lots of other craft classes running there between now and Christmas.

Leiny and I will be at the Knit 1 Pass It On Stand at the Knitting and Stitching Show in the RDS Dublin next weekend teaching knitting and crochet. Please drop by and say hi.

Big hugs,

Margie


8 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love this doll!

I have always wanted to learn to knit and I think I am going to do that over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Thedarkerside73 said...

Lovley doll she is gorgeous!

Oh i love shops that sound like that one! Little treasure troves.



MBB x

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

That shop sounds fabulous!!! And your doll is very precious - love the fabric!!!

Monika @ Our Homemade Home said...

Oh! Cute doll. I just adore all tilda things and ordered about half an hour ago a book:)
I would love to come to the show. If I will be there I will say hi:)
XOXO:)

Deborah said...

What a great opportunity. I love the dolly. She reminds me of Miss Elizabeth Bennet. The shop sounds delightful.

Vicki Lane said...

Love your long dolls!

Ana Salomé said...

Hi Margie :)
Can't wait to see you (and Lein) at the Knitting and Stitching show on Saturday :)
And Rose's shop seems dreamy...I have to go there! Maybe we can go together ;)
Say hi to Mel, Chris, your dad and Isla :) Hope you're having a great time!
Love, Ana

Nancy Lee said...

Hi Margie!
I love that you had to "make do" with Cath Kidston fabric. We can't easily find Cath Kidston or the Tilda range in Canada. It makes it more of a challenge when you can get the books, but not the fabrics!
I love your blog, and I visit often.
Cheers!
Nancy xox